Staff at the Westmead Children’s Hospital School participated in a one day SEAT workshop to gain a better understanding of what their students will be experiencing when they participate in the S.E.A.T Project education program. Teachers enjoyed putting the SEAT together as a team, they read “SEAT: The Little Stool that Could”, made connections associated with the activities completed, watched SEAT being built in Vietnam and decorated their own SEATs.
Here are some of their comments……..
- Lots of themes to cater for different needs
- Ability to introduce many aspects – friendship , global connections, butterfly effect, sustainability and collaboration
- Direct impact on the positive effect to village life in Vietnam
- Expanding one’s horizons as we move beyond the SEAT
- Planning the purpose and design of the SEAT
- Working together makes a task easier
- How lucky we are!